Cold air, lack of sun, bundling up, means one thing…WINTER, which can also translate in to dull, pale, and even pasty skin (unless you’re in beautiful weather all year round…so jealous), which isn’t exactly “becoming.” Cold air, low humidity, and indoor heating combine to pull moisture from our skin, making us dry and lusterless. We should you how to keep your entire body moisturized this winter, but lets not forget what everyone sees the most: our face! This winter, revive your glow with these simple tips. Fake a summer vacation and get that refreshed, glowing look coveted all summer long; You’ll look as though you’ve been off for weeks!
- Using a moisturizer is the most important aspect of any skin care regimen. If you don’t already do so, start! Slather on a rich, super moisturizing cream to instantly hydrate and plump skin. Look for one high in vitamins A, C, D, and E and oil-free as well to prevent clogging up pores. Moisturizers that include a sunscreen are an added bonus!
- Moisturize your insides as well by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Green tea will also remove any unwanted impurities and help clear up your skin.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! It should be applied to dry skin 15 to 30 minutes before going outdoors, even in the winter.
- Fill your sink with lukewarm or cool water and add a few drops of oil. Coconut oil and Almond Oil are great choices. Hold your breath and soak your face for as long as you can. Come up for air and keep soaking for about 3-5 minutes. Your skin loves to soak up water, and you probably know that after having a long bath your skin feels the most soft and smooth. Finish your soak by immediately applying a light, unscented facial moisturizer and either let your skin air-dry or gently pat dry with a towel.
- Use cool water when washing your face to avoid over drying and it’ll keep your skin looking fresh.
Food for Thought
Get a naturally sun-kissed look by applying bronzer to your entire face and a rosy blush just on the apples of your cheeks. Don’t overdo it though! Remember, less is more!
Keep it Clean
The number one rule of maintaining healthy looking and flawless skin is to keep your hands off it. Your hands and fingertips are crawling with bacteria. You don’t want this on your face and seeping into your pores. This is the number one way breakouts occur!!!!