New year, new you! Right? Dress up isn’t just for little girls, update your work wardrobe with 10 easy tips, even the most busiest woman can handle. No need to invest in entirely new wardrobe for the new year (unless that’s how you roll), but rather invest in some key pieces that are perfect for everyday. No fuss=a must for your daily routine.
1. PurgeOkay so this is a no brainer. Get rid of items you haven’t worn in years or are too big or too small. Narrow your wardrobe down to basics, key work pieces, night out items, and pretty much anything else you NEED. Don’t turn your wardrobe into an episode of Hoarders. Donate items that are still in wearable condition. Do this for the rest of the family and you’ll be amazed at what you find!
2. NecklaceCostume jewelry is a cute and inexpensive way to dress up your outfit. Or opt for a delicate, simple necklace with a small diamond on pendant that drops right at the collar bone for a classic look. Or pull a Carrie Bradshaw and don your nameplate necklace with pride. Dig around your jewelry chest, you never know what you may find!
3. Capped Toe Pointy ShoesThe tapered toe may have fallen off fashions radar, but it is definitely making a comeback. They have the unique ability to visually elongate the leg, especially when paired with wide-leg trousers or a sleek pencil skirt. This season metal capped toes are totally in and add an extra oomph to any outfit. Black suede heel with a metal tapered toe is the way to go.
4. Pop Lip ColorStop hiding behind chapsticks and lip balms. Bold reds are great for any complexion, with millions of shades to match. Red is one of the most universally wearable lipstick shades, and it’s a classic way to add both impact and femininity to your look. “In general, reds that are more blue-based are flattering on all skin tones, and they make your teeth look whiter to boot,” says James Boehmer, international lead makeup stylist for NARS Cosmetics. NARS’ Red Jungle is a great way to go!
5. Oversized style watchWho doesn’t love an oversized watch? Even the most delicate of wrists can dawn these masculine pieces. Choose the face size based on the size of your wrist. Make sure the face isn’t taking up your entire wrist and you want it to fit nice and snug so it isn’t banging against anything.
6. Fitted BlazerSpend a few extra dollars on a blazer that contours and fits your body perfectly. Black and navy blue are two must haves for every wardrobe. Whether you dress it up with a pencil skirt or silk slack or wear it with jeans, a fitted blazer is one of those essential wardrobe items. Bold and daring? Try a leather blazer.
7. The “It” BagFace it women practically live in their bags. From makeup to medicine to random items, our bags hold it all! But lets not treat them as garbage bags! A sturdy doesn’t have to be an expensive one. Look for one that can be used as a brief case as well, like a shopper, with multiple pockets to keep you organize. Black of course is the way to go, but if you dare try a cobalt blue or a vibrant orange to add some life to any outfit.
8. Silk PantsNothing screams classy than a beautiful pair of silk slacks. Whether harem or skinny is your style, these are sure to be a fit in your office. Pair with pumps, flats or wedged sneakers for an edgy look. Retire your jeans and try something new! You’ll definitely be more comfortable at work.
9. Delicate studsDelicate studs + a pulled back up do= classy chic for work or a night out. Need I say more?
10. Retro T-shirtRemember that fitted blazer I mentioned? Well grab an old school tee with your favorite team, band or character and throw it on underneath! With a pair of skinnies and those capped toe heels, you’ll look laid back yet well put together. Oh don’t forget your oversized watch and new work bag! Accessorize according to your preference.