We make sure to have locks on our stoves and plugs for the outlets, but sometimes the most dangerous things for your baby aren’t the most obvious. Here are a few things to look our for that are dangerous to baby.
- Baby powder/talc: They may be great for diapers but they are terrible for lungs. When inhaled, it can irritate the lungs or worse, if there are toxic chemicals or asbestos present.
- Canned formula: Be careful, formula cans may be lined with BPA. If nursing is not an option, try dry powdered formula. Always be on the lookout for BPA-free cans.
- Antibacterial Cleaners: We know you want to keep the nursery germ-free but those antibacterial cleaners can pose unnecessary health risks. Soap and warm water is usually sufficient when cleaning most surfaces.
- Teething Toys: They may be of great help to your little one when they’re teething but many are made with PVC plastic. Choose teethers made of organic cotton or silicone.
- Crib Mattress: Make sure the mattress is made of natural materials or get a mattress cover to help babies with allergies.
Tell us, what are some unexpected dangers you’ve discovered?