When the weather gets cold outside, sometimes all we want to do is cuddle up with a flannel blanket, thick fuzzy socks and a hot drink. Warm up this winter (we heard it’s going to be a bad one!) with these easy to make cocktails that will heat you up in no time!
Goodnight Tip – nothing says relaxation like a nice cup of chamomile tea. Add a little honey and Cointreau for a twist! Cointreau is orange flavored liqueur.
- 7 oz. chamomile tea, freshly brewed
- ½ oz. Cointreau
- ½ oz. honey
- Slice of lemon – optional
Pour the tea, Cointreau and honey into a coffee mug. Stir well to combine and garnish with lemon slice.
Mulled Wine – We are lovers of wine here! So we had to add this belly-warming recipe to the list!
- 1 bottle of red wine (like merlot)
- 1 peeled, sliced orange – keep peel to add to pot for a zest
- ¼ cup of brandy
- 8-10 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 cup of honey or sugar – can be cut in half if you’re not huge on drinks that are too sweet
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
Combine all ingredients in a large pot or slow cooker. Warm ingredients on medium heat – avoid boiling. Do this for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure all sugar is dissolved. When wine is steaming, ladle into mugs.
Hot Cider Toddy – one of our faves for the chilly season! It sweet, tart and warms your insides wonderfully.
- 2 oz. whiskey or apple brandy
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Hot apple cider
- Garnishes: cinnamon stick, lemon wedge, 2-3 whole cloves – optional
Coat the bottom of a mug with honey. Add the whiskey (or apple brandy). Fill to the top with hot cider. Stir well. Garnish with lemon, cloves and cinnamon stick.
Tell us, what is your favorite warm cocktail? Share with us your recipes and stay warm!