This idea came to us when our fridge was nearly empty and all that was left in the fridge was some carrots, yogurt and a huge block of mozzarella cheese. With cravings for something salty and savory, this genius idea of cubed mozzarella and spices from our pantry became the product of our cravings. It takes less time to put together than deciding what to wear in the mornings. You can even get fancy and add toothpicks to each cubed cheese to serve as appetizers for your next wine and cheese get-together with the girls ;-).
Cubed Mozzarella & Spices
- Block of Mozzarella cheese – found in your dairy aisle. We like Sorrento.
- Dried spices: garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano (this is up to you; we even like a little red pepper chili flakes on ours for added heat but we didn’t have any on hand that day)
- Grounded black pepper
- Toothpicks – optional
- Carefully cut the block of mozzarella into cubes. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just bite-sized.
- In a large bowl, toss the mozzarella in and sprinkle in the dried spices. Toss thoroughly with a wooden spoon and make sure all sides of the cubed mozzarella is covered in spices.
- Serve with toothpicks if you’re feeling fancy. Wine is mandatory.
Have you ever made a snack on a whim with using just the ingredients you found in your kitchen? Share them with us below!