Photo credit: onceuponachef.com
Last week, we had Mango Pomegranate Guacamole. This week, we will continue our guacamole series with something a little more savory – roasted garlic guacamole – very easy and extremely tasty.
Photo credit: marthstewart.com
Garlic is amazing. It can be added to anything and smells amazing when it’s sautéing in a pan with olive oil. So why not combine our love of garlic with our love of guacamole? We are going to be using roasted garlic with this recipe because roasted garlic is not as strong as raw garlic. This is for you, garlic lovers.
- 4 avocados
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cilantro – we like A LOT of this stuff
- 1 Lime – squeeze to taste
- Jalapeno – diced, seeded – depending on how much heat you like in your guac
- Roast the garlic in the oven: preheat oven to 400 degrees, slice the head of garlic and place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with some olive oil and wrap the garlic tightly. Roast it until it is soft and golden in color (about 30 minutes). If you don’t have an oven, no worries, you can roast a garlic stovetop: http://www.thekitchn.com/good-question-42-78411
- Let the garlic fully cool, then peel each clove to release the garlic.
- Throw garlic, jalapeno, avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until chunky.
- Transfer to bowl, throw in some shopped cilantro and serve with chips.