What better way to end your long day than with a delicious, sweet treat? Chocolate and peanut butter are probably two of my favorite things and this recipe, from Pin Cookie, combines both! I was in dessert heaven when I stumbled upon this recipe, enjoy!
Image src: Pin Cookie
Makes: One 9 inch pie or three 4 inch mini pies
Prep: Lightly butter springfoam pan, or line cake pan with lightly buttered foil. If you use foil, make sure to leave 1 inch hanging over edges for easy pie removal.
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Place Oreos in a food processor until finely crumbed and put in large bowl
- Mix in melted butter
- Firmly press crumbs into pan to create crust. Bake crust at 350 degrees F for 7- 10 minutes.
- Place peanut butter and confectioners sugar into a pan over low heat and stir until fully combined and peanut butter is melted
- Set aside and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Gently fold in peanut butter mixture into Cool Whip until combined
- Gently fold in crushed Reese’s pieces into peanut butter Cool Whip mixture
- Pour mixture into Oreo crust and freeze for 3 hours
- Top with caramel and chocolate drizzle
**Alternative: If your allergic to peanut butter you can substitute it with Nutella!
Visit Pin Cookie for more delicious recipes!