Pinterest is amazing for so many reasons, but one can always find a awesomely creative way to add individualism to a plain piece of clothing. This DIY is simple & super cute. It adds just the right amount of design to a dull sweater. Perfect for those cool summer nights!
- wool sweater
- 36 gauge felting needle
- piece of dense foam
- wool roving
- 3” heart shaped cookie cutter
- an iron
- Put your sweater on and place a piece of tape half an inch below each elbow.
- Take off sweater and place foam block in the sleeves.
- Align and center the cookie cutter along the top on the tape. Pinch off a few tufts of wool roving.
- Fill the cutter, make sure the wool fiber is evenly distributed.
- Repeatedly stab the wool roving until the surface is flat and even.
- Remove the cutter and patch up any bare spots by adding more wool roving.
- Carefully pull sweater away from foam block (the wool should have gone through sweater)
- Spritz with water and press with iron to smooth heart.
- Repeat steps on other sleeve.
Visit Honestly WTF for pictures showing exactly how to do each step!