It’s almost the Fourth of July and we all know that probably means there is a BBQ in your near future. I don’t know anyone who can work a grill quite like my hubs (sorry dad).
This morning I begged hubs to let me share his proprietary grourmet burger recipe with you. He relented. I’m actually not a huge burger fan to begin with, unless it comes from Shake Shack in NYC, except when my hubby is grilling away!
Hope you love it as much as we do! It’s actually super easy. The hardest thing about it might just be convincing you own husband that this recipe tops his own. The men I know can get pretty caveman-like when it comes to their grill.
Happy Fourth of July BBQ!
Totsy’s Chief Mom’s Hub’s Gourmet Burger
*Makes 6 HUGE burgers (the size is part of what makes them so gourmet)
- 2lbs ground beef (best quality you can get that has a little fat to it-needed for good juicy burgers)
- Grated rind of 2 limes
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 slices of bread cut into small cubes
- Italian herb mix-dried
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Buffalo mozzarella-usually comes packed in water OR you can use your favorite cheese-personal decision
- Brioche hamburger buns
- Pesto as a condiment particularly if you use the mozzarella cheese
- All other condiments to your burger liking
- Hubs does amazing caramelized onions on the side-I’ll have to ask if I can share that recipe next time!
- Preheat grill
- Mix ground beef, lime rind, onion, dried Italian herbs, bread cubes, and salt & pepper until well blended
- Hand-pat into 6 very large patties
- Cut a hole into each patty and fill with the buffalo mozzarella or your favorite cheese.
- Cover the cheese hole with meat before grilling
- Grill about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until desired doneness is achieved
- Do not flatten with spatula while grilling because that lets the juice flow out and creates a dry burger
- Toast brioche buns on top level of grill to desired toastiness
- Place burger on bun and dress to your desire
- Pesto works well as a condiment with the fresh buffalo mozzarella