Last weekend while visiting family up North, I had the chance to indulge in one of my favorite frosty beverages, the Ginger Basil Limeade. My family drank these around the pool at our reunion, the perfect drink to please a parched motley crew including an alcohol-averse grandma, a pregnant cousin and a toddler. Perhaps any of you that are crazy enough to be hosting a Mother’s Day brunch might enjoy whipping up a batch for your guests?!? For a quick how-to, check out my first video for our Totsy TV YouTube Channel. Countless varieties of this drink abound, so if you have a special version you’d like to share, please do so in the comments.
Ginger Basil Limeade
Time: 5 minutes
- 3 key limes- cut in half
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger-grated
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2-3 leaves fresh basil
- 8 oz. sparkling water
- Squeeze limes into a pint glass or muddling jar, drop in two of the lime rinds as well.
- Add ginger, sugar and basil to pint glass and muddle mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sparkling water and stir gently.
- Into a highball glass filled 2/3 of the way with ice, pour the entire mixture.
- Garnish with basil, and enjoy!
Happy Mother’s Day from all of us here at Totsy!