To continue our celebration of Earth Week here at Totsy, we found an adorable, easy and eco-friendly project for the kids! Inspiration from marthastewart.com, check out how to reuse an old bottle to help kids learn about saving!
- Plastic bottle you no longer need (preferably a 2L soda bottles)
- Construction paper
- Patterned paper
- Hot glue gun
- Four empty spool threads of the same size
- Double-sided tape
- Be sure to thoroughly clean the plastic container and let it dry overnight.
- Cut out eyes, nostril holes and ears. Ears should have tabs on them for easier gluing.
- Attach eyes, ears, nose with double-sided tape.
- Tape patterned paper around the body.
- Hot glue empty thread spools for legs.
- Cut a slot out at the top for coins.
- Cut a hole at the bottom of the bottle and loop a pipe cleaner through.