No matter where you are, the phrases “go green”, “eco-friendly”, and “environmentally conscious” are becoming more and more frequent. At Totsy, eco-responsibility is in our DNA. We recycle, take mass transit and plant trees – just to name a few. Whether you’ve been going green for a long time, or just starting out, we’ve compiled a list of green things you can do to change the world!
- Shorter showers
- Keep faucet off when brushing your teeth; encourage kids to do the same
- Recycle everything – cell phones, paper, bottles, etc.
- Use reusable bags
- Hang dry your clothes
- Let your hair air dry
- Opt for paperless – credit card statements, bank statements
- Unplug all appliances when you’re not using them
- Keep a set of dishes and utensils at the office so you don’t use disposables
- For dusting or cleaning, use old tees
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Looking for a new car? Get a hybrid
- Buying groceries in bulk will reduce packaging
- Purchase locally: farmer’s market
- Purchase organic food that does not contain pesticides, harmful chemicals
- Use cloth diapers
- Select soy or beeswax candles instead of paraffin
These are just a few little things you can do that will impact our Earth in the future!
Tell us, what are some things you do to go green?