When do you decide to pack up your holiday décor.. The day after Christmas? After the New Year? Maybe you don’t have the time until February? Whenever you decide to pack it all up, look around your house for simple and Eco-friendly ways to store everything. Here’s a few tips…
Suite101 suggests 8 Eco-friendly ways for storing holiday décor:
1. Use egg cartons and tissue paper to store small, delicate piece
2. Try your local liquor store or Trader Joe’s for some wine or liquor boxes to store holiday crystal or stemware.
3. Strings of lights can be stored in tin coffee cans or even a giant tin of popcorn.
4. Wreaths and garlands should be put in individual paper shopping or gift bags. Wrap garland around an empty gift box to avoid it from getting tangled.
5. Save the boxes that items you bought came in so that you can but the item back in it.
6. Artificial trees should be repacked in its original box and wrapped in old dry cleaning bags to keep out dust. To keep bugs out put cedar blocks inside the box. To dispose of real trees try to find a nearby place that recycles Christmas trees.
7. Keep holiday candles in a cool, dry place so they don’t melt! To keep dust bunnies away, store them in old socks or stockings.
8. Last but not least, LABEL LABEL LABEL! This will save you a TON of time and frustration next year. Taking advantage of what we already have is a great way to be Eco-friendly!