When we saw this, we couldn’t get over how adorable these cupcake cones were! We posted a question on our Facebook page and got so many responses for a recipe, so we whipped one up for you (with help from tasteofhome.com – thanks!). It’s not as complicated as it looks and it will look perfect for your child’s next birthday party!
Servings: 24 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 24 ice cream cones (about 3 inches tall)
- Frosting of your choice
- Toppings – sprinkles, chopped peanuts, walnuts, etc
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, PB and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Place ice cream cones in muffin cups. Spoon in about 3 tablespoons of batter into each cone – filling ¾ inches from the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost and decorate as desired.