Right now, it is only 27 degrees in New York City. That is freezing! The only thing on my mind when the weather is this cold outside, is SOUP! Not just any soup, but a hearty, soup that warms from the inside out. Oh, and the best part, it’s fast and easy!
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 18 scallions (white and green part) sliced
- 1 ½ pounds potatoes cut into ½”chunks
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cup low sodium chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add the scallions. Cook for one minute.
- Add potatoes, wine, cream, broth, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender – 15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top off with some pepper.
Courtesy of realsimple.com.