‘Tis the season to be jolly! And being a mom, sometimes the best way to get jolly is with a good old drink! Sorry, but it’s true —for me at least.
So, in the spirit of giving, I’m giving you my favorite peppermint martini recipe today. Peppermint always makes me think of the holidays. Perfect for parties, impromptu gathering of neighbors or just the thing to enjoy with your partner after the kids are in bed and you finally put your feet up to relax and look at your perfectly lit (or in our case, not so perfectly lit) holiday tree!
Enjoy and remember —never drink and drive or drink and parent— the two don’t mix like vodka and peppermint schnapps do!
* Thanks to Colin Cowie for my favorite version.
- 5 ounces high quality vodka (I love Kettle One, Ciroc or Absolute)
- 2 ounces of white crème de menthe
- 1/2 ounce of peppermint schnapps
- Mini candy canes
- Crushed peppermints
- Pour ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Take each chilled martini glass and wet the rim with a little of the schnapps and dip the rim into the crushed peppermints.
- Strain the martini into a chilled martini glass and garnish each with a candy cane.