There’s a chill in the air and nothing says “autumn” like hot mulled cider. We’ve got a super easy recipe (omit the rum for a kid-friendly recipe!) that you and your family will enjoy. The butter adds a butterscotch-y, creamy taste to the cider. This drink is sure to warm you from the inside out on a rainy or snowy day! It makes the house smell amazing and is the perfect companion to a book and blanket on a chilly day.
Hot Buttered Mulled Cider
- 4 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4-6 cloves
- 2 oz dark Rum per drink
- Unsalted butter
- Combine everything in a sauce pan and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Pour equally into 3 glasses and add a cinnamon stick in each glass.
- Cut ½ tablespoon butter and place at the top of the cider.