Capes are HOT this season. They’re showing up on the runways from the likes of Chanel to the Gap. It’s warm, comfortable, chic and makes for a great transition piece. What we love the most is that it’s made for all body types.
For your body shape:
- Petite women should go for a cropped cape – one that grazes the hip so that it is proportionate to your tiny frame.
- Taller women should go for length and volume.
- Curvy women should go for a streamlined style, rather than a voluminous.
- **Picking the right style cape can hide problem areas.
- Neutral-toned capes are always “in” gives a classic look – however, you can always opt for seasonal colors like olive green, navy and rustic red.
- Capes come in a variety of fabrics with wool being the most popular. However, there are also silk capes, tweed, velvet and faux fur. Try and see which one works for you.
- The cape has a modern twist this season – tweed capes with leather shoulder patches, military inspired capes and capes structured like ponchos. They also include details such as faux fur trims, ruffles and buttons. It all depends on your style – whether you choose to go glam with the fur or minimal with simple buttons.
What to pair it with:
- Capes look best paired with slim bottoms such as leggings, skinny jeans and pencil skirts