If you’re like me, you probably enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner or hosts dinner parties where guests bring you bottles of wine. Eventually you’ll be left with empty wine bottles of all sizes. What’s a girl to do with all those empty wine bottles?? Make vases of course! Get creative and design a vase that works with your home decor.
Things You’ll Need:
- Empty wine bottles, washed, dried and labels removed
- Glue Gun
- Ribbons, laces, buttons, whatever you have lying around
- Acrylic paint – check your local art supply store and see which they recomment
- Masking tape – optional
- Bouquet of flowers – or a single rose
- Start by removing the labels. This can be really simple or difficult. I soaked my bottle in a tub of water overnight and was able to easily remove the label.
- Make sure bottle is cleaned and dried – inside and outside.
- Here is the fun part: get creative! Use masking tape to create shapes or lines on areas that you DO NOT want painted. You can even use a glue gun and attach ribbons, lace, etc to the vase. Make sure you let everything dry fully – approximately a day – before filling with water and flowers.
- Add your flowers and showcase it on your dining room or coffee table!
You can always go au natural if you prefer the simple, clean look of a wine bottle. Just make sure you get rid of all the sticky residue from the label.
[Images courtesy of Google]