I love finding new ways to save money. My newest adventure is bulk/freezer cooking. With my kids back in school our lives are busy and let’s face it, it’s expensive to eat out. With bulk cooking I have a homemade meal always waiting! At first I thought I would never have enough room in my freezer but freezing the meal in a zip-lock bag I can freeze them flat and voila! I have frozen meals that are not taking up a ton of space. When I plan my bulk cooking I match sales with coupons. What could be better? Saving money while saving time!!
Chili is one of my favorites. We have it plain, with spaghetti or on top of hot dogs. With this recipe I can get 3 meals.
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Large Chopped Onion
- Garlic to taste
- 1 Packet Chili Mix
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 (14.5 oz) Cans of Diced Tomatoes
- Place brown beef, onion and garlic in a large pot. When beef is brown, drain off excess grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cover.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, divide into zip-lock bags and freeze them flat.
- The night before a busy day, just slip a zip-lock bag into the fridge to defrost.
About: So here is the deal about this chick. I’m Jessica, a stay at home mom to four wonderful kids. I have a passion for finding the best deals and I want to share my knowledge with you. Check out my blog, the Deal Finder Chick.