Running errands all day, chasing the kids, playing chauffeur, planning play dates, organizing the home can you leave you breathless and tired by the end of the day that the last thing you want to think about is making dinner. So here’s one for you. If you have 30 minutes, you’ve got dinner!
Parmesan Pasta with Chicken and Rosemary
Total time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz orecchiate pasta (about 3 cups) – or any kind, really
- 1 2- to 2.5- lb rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2/4 cup of grated Parmesan (3oz)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package and reserve 1 1/4 cup of cooking water.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Use a fork or your fingers to shred the chicken, getting rid of skin and bones.
- Toss the pasta with chicken, rosemary, pasta water, 1/2 cup of Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, stirring over medium-low heat until sauce is thickened – approximately 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan and serve immediately.
For healthier options, try whole wheat pasta and low-fat cheese.
Recipe courtesy of realsimple.com