Ok, folks, mommy’s tired. So this is going to take me as long to type as it will take you to make it- only it’s going to look and taste way more impressive than this blog post! 🙂
Thanks again to my amazing friend and colleague, Lisa, for such a great idea and to my sweet hubs who really does make this for us a lot every summer!
End of Summer Watermelon, Tomato and Feta Salad
- Cubed watermelon (yep-buy it already cut at the store to make this even faster, if you want)
- Home-grown/local tomatoes- heirloom or whatever looks good- chopped into ¼” or ½” sections
- Feta cheese crumbled
- Either Fresh Basil OR Fresh Mint chiffonade (fancy word meaning “cut into long, thin strips”)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Put it all together and make it look nice on the plate
- No, it’s already wet enough w/ the tomato and watermelon juices, so you don’t need dressing- just the sea salt and fresh pepper
- Great way to get your kids to eat their salad- they’ll love that it has watermelon in it
- Yes, it really will taste good to mix those ingredients together- promise!