Photo credit: Dynamite Imagery
I remember when I got pregnant I constantly heard, “This is going to change your life forever.” Little did I know that this is a phrase I would never understand until I had my children. There are so many things that I wish I had known (or at least understood) before having children.
1. Babies eat nonstop. Babies eat every 2-3 hours
2. No matter how much I clean, my house will never be clean enough or even remain clean for a minute. Having kids means owning more stuff. Having kids means somehow food will find its way into the oddest places.
3. Taking a shower takes on a whole new meaning. I have learned to wash my hair, body and shave in 5 minutes time it seems like.
4. It’s amazing how much parents can function on such little sleep.
5. Being a parent means never sleeping the same way again. Becoming a light sleeper is almost imperative as children are always on the mind.
6. The day may have been long and hard making you wish it were over, but once it’s over, you can’t wait to spend time with your children again.
7. Wearing bodily fluid all day (that isn’t your own) becomes a norm.
Most importantly though, something I would have never been able to know is how much love I truly have for all of my children. There is definitely no greater love and bond between a parent and a child.
About: Mindy is an avid frugal junkie that has always saved every penny she received. Having children changed her life in many ways. Aside from running to chase 3 young children, she now owns and writes for Mommies with Cents, posting about coupons, freebies and giveaways to name a few. Send Mindy an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.