Let’s say you’ve decided to go with chicken for dinner, or fish or even steaks. However, you don’t want to do the typical mashed potato side. This yummy rice dish makes the perfect side dish for any main course! The best part? SO EASY!
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Kosher salt
- 1 – 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1.5 cups water, the rice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Stir once, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender (~18 minutes).
- Sprinkle the rice with tomatoes and Parmesan. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fold in basil before serving.
(Courtesy of RealSimple.com)