Interviewed by Totsy’s Chief Mom, Diana Heather
1. What’s your go-to fashion item? – When I don’t have time to put on makeup or the shoes to match my outfit, I change out my eyeglasses. I have a few random pairs, all different colors. They accent my face and clothes!
2. What’s been your favorite moment as a mom? – When I notice small milestones that my youngest makes, it always brings back memories of when my oldest made them. Its like Deja-Vu, but in a good way 😉
3. What has been your strangest pregnancy craving?– Wow, My poor husband could not stock me enough with ice chips and sour skittles. I am surprised my sugar intake did not kill me haa.
4. Tell us what the funniest thing your kid has ever said to you. Is there a story behind it?- Just yesterday actually, our youngest wanted to go to McDonald’s and my husband had to stop by the auto store. When we pulled up she yelled “Daddy ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” It was in her biggest voice too. Made us laugh so hard.
My oldest- I have never seen her get head over heels for anything. She kind of goes with the pace on things. However, at Disneyland she about hyper ventilated when Buzz Lightyear kissed her. It was like her “Brad Pitt”. She screamed, cried and screamed some more. I will never forget that. Oh, and he kissed her 3 more times. She about died.
5. There are so many topics to cover in terms of blogging. How do you determine which ones to focus on and which ones are off-limits?- We only blog on family friendly products & services. We never want to touch items such as adult, smoking, liquor or politics. We always hated going to a site and having something pop up at that exact moment our kids would walk in the room. This way, we stay family friendly and never hurt someones feelings or take some political side.
6. When did you decide to take blogging seriously and why? What sparked this?- I have been blogging for several years, around 4 actually. The idea came about for my own site when my husband suggested I jump into it. He said I would never be happy unless i was in Marketing of some kind. It’s true, I love this type of work. So i started Mommy PR when I enrolled in business school. Soon I had a few ladies I adore ask to come on board. We all have different outside jobs, but all of us have some background in marketing, sales and management. We decided to go head first into our site as family friendly reviews and to also have focus on customer service. We wanted to give back to other bloggers and teach them how to connect with companies and learn how to handle blogging & social media. I take what I do very seriously. It’s my job, it’s my investment, I can’t let our readers, fans, and family down, if i do, I have let myself down too. Mommy PR is my addicting passion 😉
7. Angela, tell us a little about your life as a military spouse. – Whew. Life as a Military Spouse is a book all in itself. You know how people joke that you need a baby manual? Well, Military spouses could use one as well. It should include that you will move every 3-4 years, have babies in every country, file taxes as if you were married, yet never see your spouse. It’s a hard life for anyone to live with; emotionally and mentally. However, I don’t think I could ever trade my patriotic feelings for any other way of life. I take great pride in what we stand for and what my husband does. To date, we have lived in Ohio, Italy & Washington. We have been able to see things no one could imagine. Eagles Nest, Munich at Christmas, Venice, Austria (which reminds me of the North Pole when it snows!), and all around Seattle. It’s a busy way of life because your orders can come at any day, to leave at any time. At the end of the day, so long as our kids are safe in bed, and my husband is alive and well, its all we need to wake up and do it again the next day 🙂