St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated on March 17th every year and we know that it includes leprechauns, shamrocks and pots o’ gold. We have a delicious Shamrock Soda recipe that your kids are sure to gulp up! And don’t think we forgot about you, moms and dads!! We also have a grown-up version of the drink — now that’s something to “cheers” about!
- 1 large can of pineapple juice
- 1 12-oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 2-4 drops of blue food coloring
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- 1 quart lime sherbet
- Combine pineapple juice, frozen lemonade, sugar, water and food coloring in a large punch bowl or pitcher (if using a pitcher, cut recipe in half)
- Carefully stir in ginger ale to avoid too much bubbling.
- Gently float scoops of lime sherbet on top and serve.
**For the adult version of this recipe, simple substitute ginger ale with champagne!
Happy St. Patty’s Day! Cheers!
Recipe courtesy of parentsconnect.com.