I love guacamole. Paired with a pitcher of margarita or ice cold beer, and some good company, you can have yourself a little Mexican fiesta. Follow the recipe below for a simple guacamole recipe that’s sure to have your guests talking long after the party is over. ¡Buen apetito!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno (seeded for less heat, if desired), finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados with the back of a fork until it is smooth, or if you like, chunky.
- Then combine the onion, jalapeno, cilantro, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and lime juice. Using the fork, fold all ingredients into the avocado until it is evenly combined. Refrigerate for an hour for best taste.
- I like to add extra cilantro, diced Roma tomatoes and minced garlic.
- Try using baked pita chips for a healthier alternative to tortilla chips.
- To avoid the guacamole from turning brown, leave the pit of the avocado inside the guacamole.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.realsimple.com/.