Spring is right around the corner – or at least it better be. Aside from obviously looking your best with new spring outfits, try adding a splash of color to your nails with these fab new spring colors! Below are the hottest colors straight off the runway!
Nude nails are in this season. Just like your favorite pair of nude pumps, they go with every outfit and skin tone. Marc Jacobs loved the look so much it showed up twice during Spring Fashion Week in NYC. Just make sure your nail polish has a high gloss to avoid looking like you have mannequin hands.
Icy Blues that are reminiscent of Tiffany & Co.’s famous box are perfect for spring. They are bright, colorful and mimic the clear blue skies that we just know are headed our way!
Peach-toned pinks are girly and one of our favorites for the spring. With bronzed skin (sunless tanner, of course), this color will pop even more. And it’s a great investment because this peachy pink color will take you straight from spring to summer.
Lavender flatters all skin tones and ranges from an iridescent shade to a light opaque shade. Try a matte finish for a different look.
Dark Gunmetal share are perfect if you think pink is for sissies! For an edgy look, go with a metallic finish. We think it looks coolest on short nails.
Tips for making your manicure last longer:
- For nail polish to adhere better, make sure nails are clean and free of oils. Go over them with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol to remove oils.
- Push down cuticles carefully and buff gently over the surface of the nails so that polish will go on smoothly and evenly.
- Wear a base and top coat.
- To keep your nails looking fresh, apply a top coat every two days.
- Keep nails short as they are less prone to chipping and breaking than long nails.
Whether you’re a fan of the versatile look of nude nails or into the daring spring hues of the bright blues, remember to have fun with your look! So tell us, which trend will you be sporting this spring?