It’s that time of the night when you’re relaxing with a nice glass of merlot and then before you know it, an accident happens. Like a slow motion film, the wineglass somehow falls from your hands and its content trickle onto your beautiful carpet, you sit there, stunned. No worries and no need to spend money to fix this. By using items already found in your household, you can remove all of the stain and go back to enjoying your glass – preferably at the kitchen table.
Things you’ll need:
- White Rags
- 1 tbsp. liquid dish soap
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
1. Blot up as much of the wine as possible with a white rag. Switch to unused portions of the rag often and continue to do this until there is no more wine transfers from the carpet.
2. Fill the bowl with 2 cups of warm water and add the liquid dish soap and white vinegar.
3. Dip a clean white rag into the cleaning solution and apply it to the wine stain.
4. Continue to blot the area with a dry white rag to absorb liquid. Try alternating the blotting with a dry rag and the cleaning solution until the spot is gone.
5. Rinse the carpet with a rag and plain water. Blot dry.