Looking for a craft to do with your kids for the Holidays? Making coupon books are a creative way to 1. Keep your kids busy and 2. Make them feel they are doing something important for others. (Perfect for birthdays or even Christmas gifts!)
It’s a simple craft and can be anything your children want it to be; helping around the house, quiet time for Mom, racking leaves with Dad, a day of no complaining, breakfast in bed, etc. The coupons can be the perfect gift for Mom, Dad, even Grandparents, Aunts/Uncles or friends and will be appreciated by all.
Items you will need:
- Cut your paper about 2×5 inches (coupon size)
- Write out the tasks you will perform for the recipients. Make sure they are thoughtful and something that will be fun and appreciated. Example – To: Grandpa and Grandma – Spend the whole day with me =)
- Decorate your coupon with stickers and pictures – be creative!
- Stack each coupon face-up, one on top of the other.
- Staple your coupons on the top-left corner to make it easy for your recipient to rip off and redeem!